Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lupita Nyong'o Covers "Backstage" Magazine

In yet another cover and editorial, the new Hollywood it-girl Miss Lupita Nyong'o is gracing the cover of Backstage Magazine and spilling the beans on her Oscar nomination and her time at Yale.

Below are some excerpts from the interview.

In the article, she talks about landing her breakthrough role in 12 Year A Slave and auditioning for Steve.
“I give myself homework when I have an audition. I give myself goals, and that’s how I check how I’m doing. It can be something simple like ‘listen,’ or ‘find your feet.’ And then afterward it’s an assessment, so in a way it’s not about booking the job or not. It’s about what I learned as an actor about that character. And if I can pinpoint something, then I’m in good shape. And if it’s all a blur, then not so good.”

When asked how she moved from her role in 12 Years to her current feature, Non-Stop, she said,
“As actors, you become an expert at starting over. Every single role brings with it an ignorance and an insecurity, and so you have to approach it with the same curiosity and humility. I’m always nervous. Doesn’t matter how many times I do this. But I remind myself it’s because I care. Steve would say, ‘Fail and then fail better!’ And that environment was so liberating. It’s not about getting it right. It’s about getting it truthful.”

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment