Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lupita Nyong’o Covers DuJour Magazine

Lupita Nyong'o is the latest celeb to grace the cover and pages of DuJour magazine where she shares her upbringing, adjusting to fame, how she landed her role on the movie that put her on the map and many more.

Here are some excerpts from her interview...
“When I learned Steve McQueen was directing and Brad Pitt was producing, I thought, Well, this is huge,” she says. “I had no expectation of getting the role at all; it was just too out there for me to think I had a chance. So I approached the audition like a rehearsal. It was my chance to have that role for 10 minutes, and I owned it. Then I got the part and the panic began.”

“When you’re a public figure, people have an ownership of you in a way,” she says. “People would interrupt our dinners all the time to have a moment with my father, and we’d understand because it was their one moment to have with him. I grew up observing that dynamic.”



 You can read the entire interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment